The True Story of Benghazi by Cynthia Meyers

The Embassy in Tripoli began receiving multiple tips about Al Qaeda cells in the area planning an attack on 9/11 in response to the killing of Bin Laden. Even though they asked for a security force and were denied at least six times, Ambassador Stevens and his team were given the "all clear" that the Consulate in Benghazi was safe and there was no need for a security force other than his three personal guards (one being my cousin), and a few Libyans who were not armed. On 9/11 the attack and murders occurred. Immediately the White House claimed it was a protest over a youtube video. Obama made a brief speech in the Rose Garden on Sept. 12, placing the blame on an over-heated protest over the video, before catching a plane to Las Vegas to campaign. Over the next two days, the liberal-left media began saying the deaths of these four men were caused by smoke inhalation - a total fabrication.

Out of respect for my cousin, I'm not going into his murder, however Ambassador Stevens was brutally murdered; his genitals were cut off, he was sodomized, beaten, stabbed and burned. He was dragged through the streets and thrown into a ditch where a local doctor found him, and tried to save his life, having no idea who he was. The other three men, including my cousin, met similar fates. Deaths, due to smoke inhalation, are a blatant LIE! The next week I drove my aunt and uncle to DC to receive my cousin's body. We met with Hillary, Panetta, and Susan Rice, all of whom apologized and said it was a protest gone bad over a video, and immediately exited the area. Next Obama entered with the same story and didn't apologize and wasn't at all sympathetic. My aunt cried in front of this man and all he did was hand her flowers and walk away. Trying to get his attention, I got upset and yelled, "You are a liar!", and he just kept walking. Then a secret service agent grabbed my arm, leading me to a room where I was held until the proceedings were over. America, I saw first hand how cold this man is - what a liar he is. Most of you haven't a clue about this tyrant and yet you support him, and you even act like every word he says is Gospel.

So, what actually happened at the U.S. Embassy in Libya? Ambassador Stevens and Foreign Service officer Sean Smith, along with an administrative staff, were working out of temporary quarters due to the fact that in the spring of 2011 during the so-called Arab Spring, the United States cut ties with then president Gadhafi. Our embassy was looted and ransacked, causing it to be unusable; it is still in a state of disrepair. A well-organized attack by radical Muslims was planned specifically targeting the temporary U.S. Embassy. The Libyan security force that was in place to protect our people deserted their post, or joined the attacking force. Either way, our people were in a real fix! And it should be noted that Ambassador Stevens had mentioned on more than one occasion to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, that he was quite concerned for his personal safety and the welfare of his people (it is thought that Ambassador Stevens was on a "hit list").

A short distance from the American compound, two Americans were sleeping in Libya as independent contractors, working an assignment totally unrelated to our embassy; they also happened to be former Navy Seals. When they heard the noise coming from the attack on our embassy, as you would expect from highly trained warriors, they ran to the fight. They had no weapons, but seeing the Libyan guards dropping their guns in their haste to flee the scene, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty snatched up several of these discarded weapons and prepared to defend the American compound. Not knowing exactly what was taking place, the two Seals set up a defensive perimeter. Unfortunately Ambassador Stevens was already gravely injured, and Sean Smith was dead. However, due to their quick action and suppressive fire, twenty administrative personnel in the embassy were able to escape to safety.

Eventually, these two courageous men were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers brought against them, an enemy force numbering between 100 to 200 attackers which came in two waves. But the stunning part of the story is that Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty killed 60 of the attacking force. Once the compound was overrun, the attackers were incensed to discover that just two men had inflicted so much death and destruction. As it became apparent to these selfless heroes, they were definitely going to lose their lives unless some reinforcements showed up in a hurry. As we know now, that was not to be. I'm fairly certain they knew they were going to die in this gun fight, but not before they took a whole lot of bad guys with them! Thank you, Tyrone and Glen. To the very last breath, you both lived up to the SEAL Code. You served all of us well. You were courageous in the face of certain death. And Tyrone, even though you never got to hold your newborn son, he will grow up knowing the character and quality of his father, a man among men who sacrificed himself defending others.
Admin Login
© 2024 Fire and Reign Inc.